Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm not as young as I once was

It's been a busy weekend, which was preceded by a very busy week. I worked last weekend 3 12-hour shifts at work and then another on Tuesday. They were all good shifts but busy. 

I am the 5th grade girls co-leader at our church's AWANA program. My good friend and co-leader, Michelle (she is also on the ski patrol), and I decided to take our girls skiing on Friday at our local ski resort. It was a lot of fun! We had 4 girls come along, Anna, Valerie, Alyssa and Jazmine. We would have had a fifth but Callie got sick that day. We missed you Callie!!!!! We had a blast though, and the girls enjoyed it immensely. That was the first time I had been at BV in the 10 years that I have lived in Northern Minnesota.  God was really good to us. The weather was cold but bearable. The girls had good, adventurous attitudes and were a joy to be around. We were also blessed with no injuries. I will definitely go again!

This was also a hockey weekend. The Beavers took on the Under-18 USA team in an exhibition game. Brad and I  went last night as usual, they won 6-3. It was definitely a good game!

All that to say...I AM REALLY SORE TODAY!!!! I have aching calves and sore upper back muscles. It has been awhile since I skied last and I definitely forgot what muscles get used. It was definitely fun and I hope to go again, but I am certainly feeling it today!

3 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Valerie too is super sore today! She really had a great time skiing! Thank you to both you and Michelle for taking the girls! You are amazing!

Grandma J said...

I've never really gone skiing, even in my younger days...but I sure wouldn't attempt it now! But then, I'm a LOT older than you are. I just picked up a birthday card for your step-bro Jeremy, who is going to be 30 in 10 days! That makes me FEEL really old, even though I didn't do anything physical!

Karen said...

Sounds like a fun day! I hope the soreness subsides soon.

Good to see you back at blogging! Say "hi" to everyone at AWANA from me!