Friday, August 29, 2008

A Double at Work

So, I am still trying to decide wether I made a good decision or not. I worked last evening from 3-11 but then I think out of the goodness of my heart, I said I would work from 11-7 this morning. I think the other motive is that I got out of tonight's shift from 3-11. So, yes, for those that are quick I just worked from 3 pm to 7 am which is 16 hours. 

Wow, I managed to survive and am actually up and feeling groggy but okay. The shift actually went pretty well, I had 3 pediatric patients until 5 am when I received an admission but I was in and out of the room in 20 minutes, which is fast for an admit. I was also able to help one of my coworkers get used to our EMAR (electronic Medication Record) system which "Go's Live" on Sept. 16. She is from the generation of no computers at home so it was taking her longer to figure things out. By morning she was doing things all by herself!  :) So, I must have done something right! 

I was very sleepy this morning when I got home but I managed to get home safely and have now slept for a little while and now I get to spend time with my hubby tonight! :) Hope you guys have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! 

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Yuck! 16 hours. That does not sound like fun at all. I had read your blog before we left for the fair, but didn't have time to leave a comment. We just kind of decided at the last minute to do t It was fun day once Molly decided to quit being mad about Liz not coming with.