Thursday, July 17, 2008

Baking woes

So, I am sitting minding my own business checking my blogs, when I hear this pop in the kitchen. I wonder, "Hmm...I wonder what that was?" I wander in the kitchen (actually I had a feeling I knew what it was) and looked, there was my amish bread starter all over the counter. Actually, it was only about an 1/8 of  the bag but you get the idea. I was able to get most of it back in the bag but that wasn't exactly what I wanted to see. It did prompt me to look at the extra starter I had in my lunch bag, that I have been trying to give to someone at work. Which, not only had my lunch bag fallen on the floor, but it, too, had popped open in my lunch bag. Thankfully, it had not spilled all over the floor or my lunch bag. The joys of yeast fermenting! :) Thanks Lindy, for that first starter, the bread has been really good.:) Maybe, the next loaf/loaves that I make, I'll place a picture up. Now that's an idea!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Lyndi said...

haha thats so funny! I didn't know you had a blog and what a funny post for my first one to read:)

sbpaulson said...

I thought it was about time I joined the ranks! :) It's been fun so far.

R Dvorak said...

I have made Amish Friendship Bread before and you are right it is an amazing process. It tastes wonderful though. I kept mine going for three cycles and finally had to stop because I had used up so much flour and sugar. I'm glad you get to have fun with it. :)

Lesley said...

Thanks for your comment and good to hear from you! :)

Sorry to hear about your bread -- I've sure had my share of baking woes!