Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pretty flowers!


Hi Everyone, after my last post was so sad I thought that I would show you some of my flowers from my flower beds. I am very fortunate that my mother-in-law is very good at flowers and so when I moved in the flower garden, which is all perennials, was ready to go. Last fall, Lanee and I dug up the whole bed to thin it out. It was a very big job and I don't know what I would have done without her! Anyway, I was able to give away a lot of the bulbs and planted some of course back into the bed. 
I was a little disappointed to find that only my tiger lilies bloomed, as you can see in the pictures. I should have had irises and day lilies, hopefully next year! I was surprised to see that where we had thrown all of the "waste " last year, I did have irises. It was quite funny, though frustrating. I should have taken a picture but I didn't think of it at the time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are uber pretty!

arlene,
Port Orchard florist

R Dvorak said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm sure your garden is very pleasant and peaceful, just as it should be. Thanks for sharing!