Sunday, December 21, 2008

Double-Tagged

Well, my friend Becky from college double-tagged me. Since she was nice enough to oblige both Kristin and I, I decided I better do the same. This is my 12th photo from my 1
2th folder. It's a little blurry but I think you will be able to tell what it is!




This is obviously Mount Rushmore at night. It is really interesting that both of my posts are from our Oregon Trip. We drove out to Oregon and did some sight-seeing along the way while camping at different locations. This was our first "touristy" thing. I had never been to Mount Rushmore before so since it was on our way, we stopped. We stayed at a KOA near there so we were able to go to the park right after we set up camp. It was really neat to see them light it up. My husband managed a better shot with his film camera than I did with our old digital. This still does it justice. 


I also thought it would be nice to put a day picture of Mount Rushmore as well. This was taken the next day. The park itself is free but you have to pay for parking. The pass is good for the whole year, so that is why we went back. At one of the exhibits it stated that there are many "faces" to Rushmore depending on the weather and time of day. So, we figured we would check that out. We also got a coupon to use the audio tour and didn't have time to use it the day before. It was a really neat spot. It was very hot out that day, thankfully though, it was dry heat so not at all the "hot" we know here! :)





 

2 comments:

Our Home to Yours said...

So fun! Maybe somday I can go back and take the audio tour too.. I would love that, being a history buff. It is hard with kids though.. :) So nice you guys had fun doing that!

R Dvorak said...

YAY! Photos are fun. It does sound like a wonderful vacation. I'm glad you made some great memories!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!